Basics of Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing (SMM) has emerged as the most essential component of Internet marketing, though it has greater impact as part of a comprehensive search engine optimization (SEO) strategy. Today in the U.S., about 7 in 10 consumers connect with one another through social media. Next time you’re in a restaurant, just look around and see how many people are looking at their hand-held devices. Social media marketing connects you to consumers in more meaningful ways than was possible for pre-Internet advertisers, and it does so much more. Social media networks deliver leads, provide measurable sales, and give you a phenomenal opportunity to expand the reach of your brand.
Social Media by the Numbers
The following statistics provide insight into the benefits of social media marketing:
- Globally, about 1 million new active social users on mobile devices are added to the 1.65 billion already engaged in social media.
- Facebook had an influence on 52% of all online and offline consumer purchases in 2015, an increase from 36% the previous year.
- Twitter interaction is a link click 92% of the time. This is significant because nothing gives you an easier or stronger chance to gain shares and views than link clicks.
- Instagram has an engagement rate per-follower that is 58 times higher than on Facebook and 120 times higher than on Twitter, at 4.21%.
- In 2015, YouTube posted news of 40 billion all-time views for branded content.
Basic tips for Effective Social Media Marketing
It’s important to hire an experienced company like Flywheel Marketing for your social media marketing. We use the latest best methods in all of our online marketing strategies. There are many outdated methods of SMM that can take up a lot of time and money but that miss out on the true potential to grow your business and your profits. The following are among the most effective basic strategies for social media marketing today:
- Videos posted on Facebook get three times more engagement than any other type of post, yet only about 1% of all business and brand posts are videos. Posting videos on Facebook will put you ahead of the competition, give your website a terrific boost in search engine results ranking, and increase brand exposure. Videos don’t need to be elaborate productions, either. Just make sure the content has value, and it’s fine to shoot videos with your smartphone.
- Advertising on Facebook is an excellent investment, and it can cost as little as $5 per day. Facebook puts your ads directly in front of your target audience.
- Research shows that tweets with no hashtags are consistently getting more shares than those with hashtags. Rather than focusing on gimmicks, focus on sharing only content that is relevant to your followers and contribute your own thoughts, allowing your unique voice to shine through.
- An easy way to add new followers in Instagram is to share Instagram posts on other social media sites.
- In whichever social media platforms you are building on, stay relevant, don’t overwhelm your audience with constant posts, and use creative strategies to make connections with your audience.
Any business desiring to make the most of online marketing dollars should get in on the limitless opportunities provided through social media marketing. Contact us at Flywheel Marketing today to get started.